Frequently Asked Questions
These are the most frequently asked questions here at JonnyChapps Mercantile. Have any questions about our woodworking, shadow boxes or military and first responder awards and gifts, they may be answered below. If not, just contact us!
Each order is handmade and customized at time of purchase. Unless otherwise noted, please allow 2-3 weeks for this process to occur before we are able to ship.
We normally ship 2-3 business days using either USPS or FedEx, which ever is more advantageous for your location and size of product to be shipped.
Since each order is handmade at time of purchase we normally can't speed up the 2-3 week processing time. We may be able to expedite the actual shipping once the order is completed, contact us to make those arrangements.
We offer free shipping on all of our products within the continental US! Shipping to AK, HI, Canada and APO/FPO Addresses are charged using shipping weight and calculated at checkout
We do not sell directly to customers from our shop. All orders are fulfilled and shipped online.
With each order being customized just for you we do not offer returns or exchanges. We do, however, stand behind our products with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you're not happy with your purchase, contact us and we'll make it right.
We do not provide or mount metals, ribbons or anything else inside the Shadow Box. We leave that up to each customer. For a separate charge we can provide and mount any flags that need to be displayed.
Yes! This is common for Military/Government orders that need to be routed for approval and funding. Contact us and we'll happy to send you an invoice for the product you are wanting.
If you are shipping to a military base or diplomatic location, you'll be using an APO, FPO or DPO address. JonnyChapps Mercantile makes this process easy!
How do I format a military address?
There are seven main components to a valid APO, FPO or DPO address.
1. The name of the recipient. The rank/grade/rating is not required.
2. The type of address where the mail is going. This could include:
- PSC (Postal Service Center)
- CMR (Community Mail Room)
- UMR (Unit Mail Room) or just Unit
- RPO (Regional Post Office)
- APO (Army Post Office)
- OMDC (Official Mail Distribution Center)
- For Navy or Coast Guard vessels, the ship’s name and hull number.
3. The number of that address. For example:
- PSC 1234
- Unit 7400
- USS Nimitz (CVN 68)
4. The recipient's Military PO box number (if they have one).
5. The post office type (APO, FPO or DPO)
6. The "state" designator (either AA, AP or AE). These "states" represent the USPS mail processing facilities that handle the mail traffic to and from each military location.
7. The zip code, preferably ZIP + 4 (although not required)
Here's how to enter it into the shipping section at checkout:
PSC 2 Box 9319
APO, AE 09012
This would be entered as:
Street Address - PSC 2 Box 9319
City - APO
State - Armed Forces "Americas, Europe or Pacific"
Zip Code - 09012
Shipping cost will be calculated and you're good to go!